Newsgruppen Laufen

Re: Running Without Running

Betreff: Re: Running Without Running
Von: tim.downie@gmail.com (Tim+)
Gruppen: rec.running
Datum: 07. Jun 2020, 23:04:58
<steve.freides@gmail.com> wrote:
https://www.strongfirst.com/running-without-running/

Disclaimer #1: I run now only once in a while and for short distances,
sometimes easy, sometimes short sprints on long rests.  I used to be a
recreational runner, having started in my mid-20’s, and having completed
many shorter races and 3 half-marathons, best times of 20:10 at 5k at age
45 and 1:36:40 for the half-marathon a decade before that.

Disclaimer #2:  I work for the company on whose site the above-linked
article was posted last year.

-S-

Hi Steve, long time no hear.

I’m 63 now and beginning to toy with the idea of strength work/ weights
etc.  I’m pretty “old school” and conservative in my approach to training
but it seems to work pretty well for me. I ran a 1:38 hilly and windy half
marathon at the age of sixty and at 62 I could still manage the occasional
sub-20 5K.  About 2-3 minutes off that at the moment but without any races
happening it’s hard to maintain motivation.

Tim

--
Datum Thema  Autor
07.06. * Running Without Runningsteve.freides

Kommentare

Insgesamt 0 Beiträge

Kommentar schreiben

Ihr Text:*

Bitte beantworten Sie noch eine Frage (Spamschutz):*

Eine Amöbe ist eine ...?

Kuh
Maus
Ameise