Newsgruppen Laufen

Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018

Betreff: Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018
Von: downtime@bigfatmeaniehead.com (downtime null)
Gruppen: rec.running
Datum: 03. Dec 2018, 05:07:58
rms <rsquiresMOO@mooyossmanmoo.net> wrote:
, but I'm having trouble with my right knee
and ankle.

   There are a few things that helped me address knee pain:  First is
evaluate yourself to identify leg imbalances, weak muscles, and overly-tight
muscles.  Leg strength routines can effectively address most of these; for
instance, knee pain is often from weak muscles that attach to the knee, not
the joint itself.  Here are a couple no-equipment strength routines I do at
least a couple times a week.  One is just a core strength one, the other is
a mountain running workout:
https://trailrunnermag.com/training/cross-training/the-5-minute-leg-circuit-for-mountain-running-strength.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VsDP584zyQ  core workout

rms

Thanks for the articles! I like the Trail Running Mag article and I've
already started incorporating some of those exercises and similar
exercises into my routine. I do one that I call Step Over using a
cinder block. I lay it on its side, stand facing it, step up and over,
then reverse the movement all very controlled. For whatever reason, I
got out of the habit of doing Step Overs even though I've know it to
help a lot. I'm also getting my bicycle tuned back up for longer road
rides. Cycling always helped my knee in the past and I feel like it's
good cross training anyway.

Trail Running Mag looks like a pretty cool publication. Do you subscribe
to it? I think I may. I'm really more interested in trail running than
road running.

That YouTube channel looks pretty amazing too. That guy is ripped! His
ab routine is pretty gnarly. I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure
I'll hit "extinction" in the first rounds. lol. I'm going to stick with
Datum Thema  Autor
26.11. * Training week ending 25/11/2018Tim+
27.11. +* Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018downtime
27.11. |+- Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018Tim+
01.12. |`* Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018rms
03.12. | `- Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018downtime null
27.11. +* Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018Tim+
01.12. |`- Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018rms
03.12. `- Re: Training week ending 25/11/2018Phil M.